Young Women Making a Difference
YOUNG WOMEN MAKING A DIFFERENCE AWARD
Soroptimist International of Saratoga County (SISC) is pleased to announce the winner of the 2022-23 Young Women Making a Difference Award.
Anabelle Lila Brueggermann, a senior at Saratoga Springs High School, was recognized for her leadership role in creating and working with “Stories for Success”, a non-profit organization that promotes childhood literacy. The video below features Anabelle as she describes the organization and her volunteer role.
The Young Women Making a Difference Award is provided annually to recognize Volunteer Action in our Community.
Who can apply?
- Young women between the ages of 14 and 18
- Must make a difference through volunteer action
- Must live in Saratoga County
(Note: Relatives of Soroptimist members are not eligible for this
What is the award?
- Winners are eligible to receive cash awards for themselves and the charitable organization of their choice.
- The 2022-2023 award was $500 to the award winner and $500 to the volunteer organization.
What qualities are sought in applicants?
- Young women who have demonstrated initiative in both identifying a problem and trying to solve it and/or Applicants who have significant and noteworthy accomplishments as volunteers.
- Volunteer actions that benefit women and girls are especially valued.
How do I apply?
The 2022-23 round of the Young Women Making a Difference Award is now closed.
The 2023-24 round will be announced later this year and applications will be available at this website. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
How we empower women & girls
Live Your Dream Award
Soroptimist's Live Your Dream Awards program is a unique education award for women who provide the primary financial support for their families. The Live Your Dream Awards give women the resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects.
Dream IT BE IT
Career Support for Girls.
Gives girls the tools they need to achieve their education and career goals.