creating hope through empowerment
Wellspring and Soroptimist International of Saratoga County have collaborated to offer Project Hope and Power, an eight-class education and mentoring session, since 2004. The eight classes are offered three times per year and are designed to give women the skills they need to increase their options for independence through personal and financial empowerment. While the course content is designed for survivors of domestic violence, any woman who is limited in her choices is eligible to attend Project Hope and Power. A sample of the curriculum topics includes:
- Financial Management
- Establish & Repair Credit
- Access To Affordable Housing
- Personal Safety Plans
- Employment And Career Advancement
- Set And Achieve Goals For Increased Independence.
If you are interested in participating in Project Hope & Power, contact Wellspring at 518-583-0280, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “This program has guided me toward being and independent woman once again.”
- “Project Hope and Power has given me the drive and focus I needed to start and obtain a sustainable financial path…It has given me the excitement, interest, and potential to give back.”
- “Seeing a strong, independent woman come and speak with us each week was inspiring. It reminded me I can move forward and don’t have to be where I am forever.”
- “I learned to start believing in myself and hope in a better future. This project is aptly named!”